- Place veggie (or fruit) in our snack cup
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and put snack lid on top
- Microwave on high for the 45 seconds - 2 minutes (see below)
- When ready, veggies should be tender (test with a fork)
- Turn cup upside down over sink and strain water from snack lid
- Let cool 1-2 minutes, or add cold water swish & strain again to cool
- Remove snack lid and serve!
Broccoli: 40 seconds / 1 TB water
Brussel Sprouts: 1:15 minutes / 1 TB water
Carrots: 1:30 minutes / 1-2 TB water depending on thickness
Apples: 1:30 minutes / 1 TB water (see tip below)
Sweet Potatoes: 2:30 minutes / 2-3 TB water / stop half-way & shake (see tip below)
Tip! If you are steaming apples or potatoes, the moisture content can vary by variety. It helps to peel, dice and soak in water a few minutes before steaming.
* Microwave times will vary depending on make & model. The recipes above were prepared using a 1050-watt GE profile microwave.
Still having a hard time, perfecting your steamed recipe? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more tips & tricks!
Join our email list to be notified when we add more fun recipes, including 5-minute meals, mini cakes & more!